Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Olivia's YL Story

https://indianapolis.bracketsforgood.org/?citimark-division
Click the image above to support Young Life and to continue the life-changing work in the lives of students, just like Olivia.  
Olivia, on the far right, as a leader at WyldLife Camp this past summer with her cabin of middle school girls.
1. Why do you go to Young Life?
I love Young Life because it gives me a break from everything. I can be myself and be surrounded by people I love for a few hours of my night and it helps me get through the rest of the week. And I keep coming back because it refills me spiritually when I'm empty. 

2. What impact has Young Life made on your life?

Young Life has impacted me in a way that has completely changed my life. It was through Young Life that I found my passion of helping others and learned to live my life for a higher purpose, not just a worldly one.

3. Who is your Young Life leader and what have you learned from them?
Abby Miller has been the Young Life leader that has taught me the most. She loves me like Jesus does and sees the beauty in everything. She lead me through the wilderness and Colorado for 7 days and has continued leading me through my everyday highs and lows.

4. If you had to describe YL in one word, what would it be?

Community

5. Describe your life before you got involved with Young Life and what impact it’s had on your life since.

Before I got involved with Young Life, my religious life was a routine. Since I've gotten involved with Young Life, every single day with God is something new and challenging, and I have hundreds of amazing people that are there to walk the journey alongside me.

6. How has your experience with Young Life changed the way you think about your future?

Experiencing Young Life has created a spark in my heart to live my life to serve others. I want a career that will allow me to interact with people in all walks of life and let them know that God wants to walk with them in the exact same way.


Olivia volunteering for a month to serve at a YL Camp three summers ago.
The first service trip to Brooklyn, NY that Olivia helped plan, where Brooklyn YL and Indy YL partnered.
Olivia and friends on the service trip to Memphis, TN.


No comments:

Post a Comment