Saturday, February 28, 2015

Lizzy's Young Life Story

https://indianapolis.bracketsforgood.org/?citimark-division
Click the image above to support Young Life and to continue the life-changing work in the lives of students, just like Lizzy.  
Lizzy, with her friends and YL leader, Katie, at YL Camp this past summer.

1. Why do you go to Young Life?

I love going to Young Life camp because I always come back feeling like I've been impacted by something bigger. I keep coming back because I feel as though the people there are my family. 

2. What impact has Young Life made on your life?

Young Life has changed the way I view others. I used to be a very judgmental person, and now I feel as though Christ has taught me how to live my life in a less critical way. Christ has taught me how to love myself. 

3. Who is your Young Life leader and what have you learned from them?

Katie Evans is my Young Life leader! I look up to her because she has been a rock for me since day one. Her relationship with Christ is one I would like to learn how to build.  I have learned how to grow and love others unconditionally through Katie. 

4. If you had to describe YL in one word, what would it be?

If I had to describe Young Life in one word it would be support. 

5. Describe your life before you got involved with Young Life and what impact it’s had on your life since.

Before I got involved in Young Life my life was incomplete. I was raised going to church but the importance of that relationship was lost on me. Since I've gotten involved In Young Life my life has been transformed. Honestly, I would be a completely different person if I had not met Katie Evans before getting on the bus to camp. She's driven me to be a better person and I work to be like her everyday. 

6. How has your experience with Young Life changed the way you think about your future?

After high school I would like to go to college and then enter the Peace Corps. I want to spend my time helping others and changing lives like Young Life has done for mine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment