Thursday, March 5, 2015

Veronica's YL Story


Click the image above to support Young Life and to continue the life-changing work in the lives of students, just like Veronica.

1. Why do you go to Young Life?

I love going to Young Life because I can get away from all the stress and just have fun with my friends. I go to Young Life to get a better understanding about God and my relationship with Him.

2. What impact has Young Life made on your life?

Young Life has made a great impact on my life. I don't have to try and be something I'm not when I'm at any events involving Young Life. I have made some great friends through camps, I have people to talk to about anything and everything and they won't judge me at all.
Christ has made a huge impact on my life. I learned that even if it seems like all is going downhill, He always has a way to make it seem okay and that everything is going to be okay in the end. I can turn to Him for anything I need and He will always be there to listen to my problems and help in every way He possible can.

3. Who is your Young Life leader and what have you learned from them?

My young life leader is Katie Evans. She has become one of my best friends. I look up to her cause she is just always so happy and seems bright all the time. She has been there for me at the hardest times when I call her crying, or text her about getting something so awesome that I just had to tell her. Katie is a true inspiration to everybody. She gives the best advice and knows just what to say at the right time, and no matter what she is doing she will find time to talk. She will send random texts just to check up and see how things are. Katie has taught me that we don't need to try to live life the way other people want us to, we just need to learn the way that God wants us to live it and be happy with ourselves.

4. If you had to describe YL in one word, what would it be?

If I could describe YL in one word it would be incredible.

5. Describe your life before you got involved with Young Life and what impact it’s had on your life since.

Before I got involved in YL my life was okay. I for sure wasn't as strong in my faith as I am now. I didn't have as much courage as I do now, and I honestly didn't have that many friends or that many people that I could turn to and talk to. I felt like I had to try and fit in and change myself for people to like me. But since I've gotten involved in YL, my life has changed amazingly. I am so much stronger in my faith, for a 17 year old. I now have, not only my family, but also some awesome friends that I can go to for anything, even if it's just to meet up and eat ice cream at 3 in the afternoon. I have a lot more courage now and I'm not afraid to be myself. I'm not afraid of not fitting in with people because everyone has an equal place in YL.

6. How has your experience with Young Life changed the way you think about your future?

My experience with YL has changed the way I think about my future plans involving the way I live my life by knowing that I want to live through God. I want to share everything I know about Him with the ones close to me and even the ones that I have just met.


No comments:

Post a Comment