Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Myanna's YL Story

https://indianapolis.bracketsforgood.org/?citimark-division
Click the image above to support Young Life and to continue the life-changing work in the lives of students, just like Myanna.

Myanna, in the green sunglasses, in Colorado on the Wilderness week-long, backpacking trip with her friends and YL leaders this past summer.

1. Why do you go to Young Life?
I love Young Life because it brings together kids from all different types of backgrounds who all share one common thing: we all love Jesus. I keep going back because the atmosphere is so loving and the bond I share with everyone is so strong.

2. What impact has Young Life made on your life?
The impact Young Life has made on my life is huge. Going into High School I felt like I strayed away from my relationship with Christ however, Young Life helped me to build my relationship back up with him. They reminded me that God's love for me is unconditional and that he will be there for me no matter what.

3. Who is your Young Life leader and what have you learned from them?
My Young Life leader for the past four years has been Mallory. She is without a doubt one of the most influential people in my life, her heart is so big and loving. I met Mallory my freshman year in high school and we created a really strong bond. I look up to Mallory because she puts others before herself and she has taught me so much about Christ. Mallory has lead me through so of the lowest and highest points of my life and I will always be grateful for her unconditional support.

4. If you had to describe YL in one word, what would it be?
If I had to describe Young Life in one word it would be LOVING.

5. Describe your life before you got involved with Young Life and what impact it’s had on your life since.
Before I got involved with Young Life my relationship with Christ was rocky, I was unaware of how much God really loved me. Young Life has helped show me that God loves me with all of my flaws and he does not expect me to be perfect. I am not alone in my walk with Christ because of the environment I am surrounded by thanks to Young Life.

6. How has your experience with Young Life changed the way you think about your future?
Young Life has brought out my passion for serving others. My sophomore year of High School I traveled to Memphis, TN where I spent a week serving others. It was this trip that helped me realize I wanted a career that would allow me to serve others. Next year I plan on studying dentistry in college with the hopes that one day I can travel to developing countries to provide dental care for those who do not have access to it.

 Myanna, serving on the mission trip to Memphis, TN over fall break.

No comments:

Post a Comment